Artificial intelligence has become a phenomenon for civilisation. Learn the evolution of AI technology a useful servant but a dangerous master.
The modern definition of artificial intelligence or AI is “the study and design of intelligent agents” where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions which maximise its chances of success.
John Mc Carthy, who coined the term in 1956 defines it as “the science and engineering of making intelligent machines.” The term artificial intelligence is also used to describe a property of machines or programs: the intelligence that the system demonstrates.
Artificial intelligence has made its way in a number of areas. Some of them are-
- AI in healthcare.
- AI in business
- AI in economics.
- AI in education.
- AI in law.
- AI in Finance.
- AI in manufacturing.
3 Types of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence can be classified into three different types of systems-
- Analytical AI- Analytical ai has only characteristics consistent with cognitive intelligence; generating a cognitive representation of the world and using learning based on past experience to inform future decisions.
- Human inspired AI- Human inspired AI has elements from cognitive and emotional intelligence, understanding human emotions and considering them in their decision making.
- Humanised AI- humanized AI shows characters of all types of competencies (i.e. cognitive, emotional and social intelligence), is able to be self-conscious and is self-aware in interactions.
Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Diverse Industry
AI is incorporated into a variety of different types of technology. Here are seven examples.
- Automation- what makes a system or process function automatically. For example-robotic process automation (RPA). RPA is different from IT automation in that it can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Machine learning- the science of getting a computer to act without programming. It can be thought of as the automation of predictive analytics.
- Machine vision- the science of allowing computers to see. This technology captures and analyzes visual information using a camera, analogue to digital conversion and digital signal processing.
- Natural language processing- The processing of human-and not computer-language by a computer program.one of the older and best-known example of NLP is spam detection tasks include text translation, sentiment analysis and speech recognition
- Robotics- A field of engineering focused on the design and manufacturing of robots. Robots are often used to perform tasks that are difficult for a human to perform or perform consistently.
- Self-driving cars- these use a combination of computer vision, image recognition and deep learning to build automated skill at piloting a vehicle while staying in a given lane and avoiding unexpected obstructions, such as pedestrians.
Intelligent machines have replaced 60% of man resources. With coexist of artificial intelligence do you think the technology will merge with humans? The meaning of digital artificial intelligence service has evolved. But the future is still undefined!